The Local Roots Community Processing Kitchen is a shared use facility for food entrepreneurs and food producers to process and store product to add value, increase the market, and deliver local food year round.
Mission Statement: To develop and support the local food economy with minimally priced, shared, licensed, and inspected commercial kitchen facilities and equipment as a financially sustainable component of the Local Roots Cooperative.
- Provide the means of value-added processing for small agricultural producers
- Provide the means for food entrepreneurs to prepare ready-to-eat meals and food products
- Minimize facilities costs with savings passed on to kitchen tenants
- Manage scheduling and financial information related to the kitchen
- Facilitate an equitable payment structure for community kitchen tenants